21 Jun RENEW Life Center
Posted at 13:30h in Events & Programs
Lighthouse is proud to partner with RENEW Life Center in Paterson. RENEW Life Center equips single mothers in Passaic County New Jersey, with the key strategies and skills they need to break the cycle of poverty and build a prosperous life for themselves, their children and their community. They do this through mentoring, educational and life transformation programs, and job search and retention assistance.
RENEW Life Center offers the following workshops:
- Getting Ahead: Explores the causes of economic instability and the “thinking” that keeps you stuck in economic instability. Getting Ahead is a 20-session (10 weeks) workshop that meets twice a week for 2 ½ hours each time. If you’ve spent part of your life – or most of your life – struggling to get by in the world, the idea of actually getting ahead might seem out of reach. But even if your story has been filled with barriers, vanishing opportunities, and setbacks, the next chapter can change all that. Yes, you have to write it, but you don’t have to do it alone. In a facilitated group setting, Getting Ahead takes you step by step through a discovery of yourself like no other. It’s not just about how you got where you are now. It’s also about what comes next to build the life you want. Plus, you’ll develop relationships with people who will support you along the way.
- Money & Me: Is a financial literacy program for low-income adults, learn how to take control of your money! Money & Me is offered in 3 two-hour sessions.
- Mom As A Gateway: This workshop helps break down barriers between mothers and fathers by addressing what is known as Maternal Gatekeeping – when a mothers beliefs about a father, as well as her behaviors, hinder a father’s involvement – and facilitates helpful discussions and efforts towards co-parenting. Offered in 2 two-hour sessions.
- Leadership Training: Is a John C. Maxwell intensive 15-lesson growth plan to help you reach your peak potential.
- ESL (English as a Second Language): The goal of our ESL program is to improve the students’ level of English. Our classes teach the following language skills: conversational English, grammar, reading, listening comprehension, writing, and vocabulary.
If you are interested in any of these RENEW Life Center programs or workshops, call (862) 257-3817 or visit www.RenewLifeCenterNJ.org.